Welcome to the website of the Botanical Garden Of The University Of Wrocław
The Botanical Garden of the University of Wrocław, known as an "oasis of beauty and peace" in the heart of a city, is a "live museum" and a research and teaching centre as well as a favourite place to rest for the citizens of Wrocław. It is located north to St. John the Baptist's Cathedral and St. Cross Church, partly within the historic Ostrów Tumski, 2 km from Rynek. It is the second (after the one in Kraków) oldest institution of this type in Poland, listed among Lower Silesia monuments. The Botanical Garden lies within the boundaries of the historic centre of Wrocław, an area designated for special protection.
We invite you to explore our website and visit our Garden at first opportunity!
How to get here:
The Botanical Garden of the University of Wrocław
ul. Henryka Sienkiewicza 23, 50-335 Wrocław
tel. (071) 322-59-57
fax (071) 322-44-83
e-mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Year of establishment: 1811
Area: 7.4 ha
Number of taxa: about 12 000
51°6'57.444"N, 17°2'52.274"E or 51.1159°N, 17.0478°EGoogle Maps location
Wrocław Map (Orthophotomap) Location
Open for visitors from 29 March till 31 October (including holidays).
In November, open space only (except for the glasshouse and "Panorama of Nature"), weather permitting.
Ticket office is open: 8.00 a.m. to 6.00 p.m.
May to August Garden is open for visitors until 8.00 p.m.
while in other months until 7.00 p.m.
- Regular ticket - PLN 15
- Concession ticket - PLN 5:
- - pupils (primary and post-primary schools),
- - students (post-secondary schools),
- - pensioners,
- - the University of Wrocław employees.
- Free admission:
- - Guests of Honour of the Botanical Garden,
- - preschool children,
- - PTTK guides and teachers leading groups (one free admission per 15 persons),
- - newlyweds in their wedding gowns,
- - adult disabled visitors with a significant or moderate disability level (relevant documents required) and their carers,
- - guide dogs.
- Free admission during the academic year on weekdays and Saturdays (ID required)
- for the following students: the University of Wrocław, Wrocław University of Technology, Wrocław University of Environmental and Life Sciences, Medical University, University of Economics, the Academy of Fine Arts, the Academy of Music and the Academy of Physical Education in Wroclaw (on Sundays and holidays and in the period from July to September the concession ticket is required).
- Personal season pass – PLN 200
- Professional photo shoots, e.g. newlyweds – PLN 200
Garden Rules and Regulations:
The following is not permitted in the Garden:
- picking or destroying plants, collecting seeds,
- walking outside the designated routes,
- drinking alcohol,
- walking dogs,
- using radios,
- enter the premises during storm or strong wind,
- photography for commercial purposes.
Children under 12 years must be supervised by an adult at all times. The teacher is responsible for abiding by the rules and regulations and for the school group's behaviour.